Monday, July 21, 2014

Dog Days of Summer

Where is football? I know where it is, I know that it's not time for training camps to start just yet, but still  I want football. I'm ready for football. 

Though my favorite team is the Cowboys, I'm a fan who lives in reality so I won't get excited about any Dallas team until we win a playoff game. I'm ready to see if the Legion of Boom will pick up where they left off when they were smothering the league's best offense, Denver.  I'm ready to see if Denver will still be running the league's most efficient offense. I'm ready to see if New England or San Francisco learned from their conference championship losses to ascend to battle in the Super Bowl. 

I'm ready to see if RGIII is going to be a more experienced version of his rookie season. I'm ready to see if Philadelphia will continue to flourish under Chip Kelly. I'm ready to see if Green Bay can make under serious playoff run with Aaron Rodgers. I'm ready to see if Detroit has finally grown up and become a serious contending team. 

I'm ready to see if anyone in the AFC East will really give New England problems. I'm ready to see if the Baltimore team we saw last season was just a mirage. I'm ready to see if Andy Dalton remembers that he has AJ Green on his team.  And of course I'm ready to Johnny Football!

I'm ready to see if Tampa will rebound quickly. I'm ready to see if the NFC South will be the toughest division in football. I'm ready to see NFL RedZone. 

I could go on and on for hours. But I after all the statements, the truth is that I really just miss football and I'm ready for it to come back. 


A. Prince

No comments: