Friday, July 02, 2010

Back..... Again.....

Whats up....



I was inspired this morning. After reading today's On.Us.Tee posting here, I was inspired to re-start my blog. And with the NBA Free Agency hoopla just starting off, I see an opportunity to do so.



So without further ado.... Here is another installment of A. Prince's Perspective:





First, NBA Free Agency. I must admit, at first I was excited. The thought of the NBA landscape changing so drastically in just a couple of weeks right after we saw two storied franchises play in the Finals had me so excited for July 1st. Then rumors upon rumors upon rumors upon rumors and none of them could be proved. That turned me off. Here's why. Its July 2nd, and nothing has happened. Sure, we've had some meetings between players and teams, but no new contracts signed. And from the looks of it, some people (J. Johnson) will be earning fat checks and staying right at home with their current teams. If this trend holds, we'll have the most hoopla for nothing that I can remember.



But I don't think that'll happen. LeBron is leaving Cleveland. Yup, he's gone. I could go into all the reasons why I think so, but if he wanted to stay in Cleveland, why hasn't he signed the contract already? He could've signed it, and then gone on to really recruiting other players to come play with him.

Also, with the Lakers looking like they're about to reload for a 3-peat (and 4th straight Finals appearance) I don't think Cleveland has a real shot to beat them. Realistically, I don't see any Eastern Conference teams beating the Lakers except for Boston, and thats only if Ray Allen comes back or they find a suitable replacement.



So I look for Bron to end up in Chicago, bringing Bosh along with him. Yes he will be in MJ's Shadow but here's the thing about that; if you're in the NBA, you'll always be in MJ's shadow. Kobe has played in LA his whole career and he's compared to MJ. It won't escape LeBron. Only way he can combat it is to win championships. That's what should drive his decision. And that's why I think he'll end up in Chicago.


But I won't be checking everyday for his decision. I can wait 'til it breaks, then I'll get excited again.

No comments: